Sunday, September 05, 2010

A thrilling pictorial tour of the house

We have had several requests for pictures of the inside of the house. I wanted to wait until the house was "together" and neat, but then I realized that I was kidding myself! My house is never "together" and neat! So here is tour of our house exactly the way that it is: messy, mismatched and bare-walled.

Our front door and entry way.

The living room.

The dining room (not sure why the picture came out so dark!).

The kitchen (the living room, dining room and kitchen are one big open room with high ceilings).

The half bath (weren't you anxious to see it?).

Our bedroom.
The other side of the bedroom. There is enough room to put a desk in there. We found the desk at Goodwill for $45!

The wonderful closet! Mike is the clothes horse in the family, so he takes up about 2/3 of the closet and leaves 1/3 for me. In our apartment, my 1/3 was split between me and Emily, so I am thankful that she has her own closet now. As a side note, this house has GREAT closet space - something we are NOT used to since we lived in a shoebox-sized apartment.

Our bathroom (this tour is riveting, isn't it?). In our old apartment, Mike and I had our own bathrooms, the double sink in this bathroom makes it easier for us to learn to share again.

Emily's room (again, not sure why it is so dark).

Doesn't the pink and brown bedding look so nice with the lilac walls? That will be changed in the next month or so.

Emily has her own bathroom. It is SO nice to be able to leave her bath chair in the tub instead of leaning it against the wall in our hallway.
Well, that about covers everything. I did not get a picture of the mud room/laundry room and the 2 car garage. I know you are excited that I included bathroom and closet pics. A tour of the house, would not the same without them!

10 comments:

Amy said...

WOW! Looks like a beautiful house! Love the open floor plan with the kitchen, all the cabintes, so many bathrooms (we have 1.25 for our family, no double sinks--not that I'm complaining, before we only had 1, so we've "upgraded" and I am thankful for that!!!), and great paint colors! Must feel huge to you all right now! What a huge blessing--we thank God!

ajourneyinmommying said...

I love it!!!! Thanks for inviting us over for the tour! :) Wish it were physically possible to all do the tour together, but this is the next best thing. :)

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Thanks Dawn for showing us your new home! love it! It is really so neat compared to allt he stuff we have lying around! lol It is awesome that you have so much space especially for all the equipment you need to have around. I can't believe you iron! I gave that up years ago! ;)

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

What a huge and beautiful house! I love the colors. In fact, they are very similar to mine. :) Have you looked on Craig's list for furniture? I found an armoire for our entertainment center and am searching for the perfect kitchen table.

Sarah Benn said...

Wow, what a gorgeous house! What a blessing...and three bathrooms!!

Sarah said...

That's some kitchen!

Abby said...

Wonderful place for you all to be! Gorgeous house with lots of room and closet space! We wish you all the best there!

Katy said...

looks great! It also looks great here at your blog! Glad that you guys were able to take this new step in life.

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful! Christine

Jenkins said...

how exciting!
I love the high ceilings...and the big closet!