Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A few random pics and some updates

For some reason, I could not attach pictures to my last post. So I figured I would try again.

This is a shot of some of the crew that helped to load the truck at our old apartment. This is only a portion of the large group. Our church really went above and beyond to help us out! I am sad to say that I did not get a picture of the group of ladies that helped me to clean the apartment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate those ladies!

Our pastor is in the blue shirt. Before we left, everyone came into our living room and he prayed for us. We are so thankful that God brought us to that church. It has a funny name and the most loving people you could ever meet! In our search for a new church home, there are some BIG shoes to fill!

This is a shot of the men that took the 2 hour drive with us to help us unload here. One of their wives came too, but we didn't get her on film (thanks for keeping me company on the long drive, Michelle!).

These guys did a fantastic job! We are so thankful for their willingness to come up here and help us out. What a blessing!

And here are a few shots of some of our new neighbors. The first morning we were here, we spotted these guys roaming in the field behind our house.

And these guys are EVERYWHERE! They tend to come out at about 6pm every night. The picture is fuzzy because Mike was very far away and tried to zoom in. Not long after this, they took off.
It has been very busy here! I have spent a LOT of time cleaning the house (I think I have cleaned more in the past week and a half then I ever had before - my sisters could probably confirm that!). We have unpacked a lot, but still have some things that need to be unpacked. We are slowly getting settled in.

Emily has adjusted very well. She did manage to get sick after about 3 days here. I figured it was just allergies since we are in the middle of the woods. After almost a week with very little improvement, I took her to the doctor. She thought she probably had a sinus infection. We started antibiotics today so I am hoping that helps her out. She has has some rough mornings, but overall she has been a happy cheery girl despite the sickness.

Mike officially started work today. This is a very busy time for the ranch, but he is excited to jump in and get started.

I have enjoyed my time with Emily. I really cannot think of anything else that I would rather do with my time. She is such a blessing! We are still trying to get things set up with her therapists here. Things just don't move as quickly as I would like. There is a lot of juggle, but I guess I need to get used to that! I think I am busier at home with her than I ever was when I had a paying job! Even so, I am loving it!

6 comments:

Kerrie said...

I have to say, I'm very dissapointed not to see any Emily pics in this post!! Miss her and you both!! ((HUGS))

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

How much do you love saying "our OLD apartment?" :) We have definitely put you on our list for future vacations!

Sarah said...

Good luck with everything. I'm sure it'll all work out for the best! Enjoy all your time with Emily.

ajourneyinmommying said...

This reminds me! I have moving pictures from a move you guys made in RI w/ Faith people there. :) I have pictures SOMEWHERE!!! Whenever I find all these lovely pictures I have somewhere, I will tag you guys on Facebook. :)

Anonymous said...

We are so happy you are home! What can we say-Praise the Lord! Praying Mike learns his job quickly and grows more settled in his new role. Love the pics. What a beautiful place. Praying Little Em feels better. Enjoy your new "job".

Lynn

Anonymous said...

Are those wild turkeys? My sister had those in her neighborhood MANY years ago.