Wednesday, June 16, 2010

No, I don't want cheese with that

This little punkin has figured out that she is 2 1/2 years old and she wants everyone to know it.Whining has become one of her favorite pastimes.
Throwing tantrums is a new skill that she has acquired lately. She thrashes her body from side to side and cries at the highest volume she can muster.
She likes to throw tantrums in the bathtub (she doesn't like it when I wash her face). One night I said very firmly "Emily, no". She laughed. I just looked at her and said "I am not laughing". Her smile immediately disappeared. She may have gotten the message that one time, but like all 2 1/2 year olds she has tried, tried again. The girl is persistent!
I definitely want Emily to express her opinion (as she is in the picture above), I just wish she could do it will a little less whine.
Ah, the joys of toddlerhood!

For more Special Exposure Wednesday pics, click here:5 Minutes for Special Needs

10 comments:

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

O fun. Or not. Sam has started throwing little temper tantrums of his own. I just laugh and tell him it didn't work for everyone else so it won't work for him. Just wait until she's three, opinionated and bossy!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the tantrums, but she is obviously a normal two-year-old-or does she get that strong will from genetics?

All the same, I LOVE the latest pics. Keep em coming. Never tire of admiring her sweet face and smile.

Lynn

Cindy and Brooke said...

It has been a long time since we dealt with the toddler years. However, remembering back...for our four kiddos, the 2's were mild compared to the the 3's. I'll send up an extra prayer for you. ;)
As always, the pictures are precious!

Ashley's Mom said...

Love the pictures, and self-advocacy is always a good thing to instill :)

The Henrys said...

Oh the lovely terrible twos!! Great pics of a precious girl!

Katy said...

We did time out with Charlie for a while. Now, I can just threaten him with time out and he at least tries to calm down.

Kristina said...

Horray for tempers! Emma has recently showed us she can get into a full blown temper tantrum. Inside I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing this side of Emma every now and again. Outside I try my best to be a bit stern with her and she really seems to understand. And, horray or understanding!

Love the photos!

Alison said...

She looks far too cute to be guilty of whining!! Actually I think most kids fall in that category - I know all 3 of mine do, yet they can all whine.

I hope it is a passing phase for you all.

kirstenpetree said...

she is so cute! Layne does not whine when he's not getting his way...he screams! lol so i know what your feeling!

Territory Mom said...

She is so pretty. My 5 yr old gives us a big sigh if she doesn't get her way. I don't like those sighs.