Wednesday, March 03, 2010

There is no denying it - the hair is WILD

Mike complains about Emily's hair on a pretty regular basis. It has curl and is out of control. It is always in her face and gets in the way during therapy. It is also hard to brush and style. As a matter of fact, she cries just about every time I brush her hair. The funny thing is, the crying usually starts after I am done! I try to do most of the brushing and styling, although Mike has done his share. It just isn't easy for him to use those tiny little elastics and those are the only things that guarantee her hair will be out of her face (barrettes and clips tend to slip out of her fine silky hair).

With all that being said, this picture cracks me up!
This is what Emily's hair looks like when Mike brushed it after bath time. That is the one time that you can really tame her hair because it is wet, but you would never know it by looking at this picture!

For more Special Exposure Wednesday pics, click here:5 Minutes for Special Needs

6 comments:

Adoption of Jane said...

I love her curls! What a Cutie!

Anonymous said...

Women all around the world pay lots of $$ for the chance to have such beautiful hair! That is a great picture!

Mindy

TheRextras said...

It's a daddy-thing.

You might want to meet little Marissa. She is beautiful with a short cut. http://www.marissasbunny.com

(Don't show Mike, 'though. ;) )

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

LOVE the curls!! We have the same problems with barrettes and bows. They just slide right out of Ellie's fine and super straight hair. I'm ready for summer so I can just pull it up and pig tails and it's out of the way.

Anonymous said...

I've always loved Little Em's hair. It's beautiful (but then I am not the one fixing it-my sympathies to daddy).

Lynn

Michelle said...

her hair never looks wild to me! I've always thought she had stunning, thick, gorgeous curls! :)