Friday, September 04, 2009

Flashback Friday: A few firsts

I know you won't believe this, but we have taken thousands of pictures of Emily. There just isn't enough time to go through them all and still eat, sleep, work, etc. For this Flashback post, I decided to grab a few "first" shots and a couple of random ones just for fun. Hope you enjoy taking a little walk down memory lane with me. I realize that I have turned into one of "those" parents that makes you sick with all the gushing about their child, but I am OK with that. haha


This is Emily's first day at home. She came home from the NICU on the Monday before Thanksgiving of 2007. We had one more thing to be thankful for that year!


First bath at home. Doesn't she look excited? This was her attitude about bath time for a long time. She would have some good moments, but for the most part she cried and we learned to give really quick baths!


This isn't a first, I was just amazed that Emily used to fit on Mike's lap like this.


First family photo for our Christmas card.


Wasn't she cute in her Christmas dress?


First Christmas Day. You can see how excited she looks. That is the day that I learned not to put her in fleece - too HOT! She doesn't like to be hot.


First time meeting her grandparents. I think they were smitten right from the start!


Just one of her cute faces. I wonder if she will ever lose the chubby cheeks?


First Glamour shot.


Another cute facial expression.


First bad hairstyle courtesy of Dad. haha Thankfully, his skills have improved since then.


First head band. It was not successful it keeping the hair out of her face, so we didn't use these very often.


First time meeting her cousins. She loved all the attention.

10 comments:

Cjengo said...

so cute! I love all her hair, reminds me of Jude's!

Cathy said...

Thank you for letting us walk down memory lane. It is good for us new comers!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Dawn, thanks for sharing the photo's! You can never have enough photo's trust me! lol I love the pic with her cousins, it's so sweet :)

Katy said...

I love that one with the grandparents--so wonderful. And really, isn't it neat to watch them grow?

AshleyS said...

I love them all, but the Christmas dress and glamour shot are my faves!!!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

I love the pictures!!!

Jenkins said...

So beautiful and loving all of the fabulous hairstyles. Thanks for sharing!

Keri said...

I love all the 'first' photos! I couldn't help but chuckle at Emily's first bad hair style. Just love the part down the middle. Oh so cute! Thanks for sharing such beautiful and memorable moments!

Mindy said...

Love the pics ... but goodness where has that little baby doll gone??? She's now a beautiful little girl and it just doesn't seem possible that she will be turning 2! That just means that "Aunt Mindy" is REALLY getting old! :o)

Anonymous said...

ooooohhhh, I love the flashback, though it is bittersweet to think of how fast she has grown.

The flashback gives perspective on how much God has blessed the three of you through these first few years.

Praising God with you,
Lynn