Saturday, August 08, 2009

Who knew bubble wrap could be so much fun?

Yesterday was my birthday. It just happened to fall on the night that a couple from our church was coming to babysit - how convenient is that? Mike and I went out to eat a delicious meal. We wanted to play mini golf afterwards, but it seems EVERYONE in town had the same thought so the place was packed! We really didn't feel like standing around in 90 degree heat waiting behind 432 people for our turn to golf. So, in keeping with our true (spontaneous? crazy?) style, we headed home to watch a movie. We are WILD.

First, Mike wanted me to open his birthday present. Now, for any of you that have received a gift from Mike, you know that they are usually wrapped in some crazy way. He likes to do things like put boxes inside of boxes (inside of boxes) or use packing tape instead of regular tape. He really likes to make it interesting (code for difficult to open). Well he gave me some movies. Each one was wrapped individually and they were all wrapped together in bubble wrap. As I was peeling the tape off the bubble wrap (thankfully just Scotch tape), Emily would laugh at the funny noise. So I decided to see what she thought about popping the bubble wrap.

Her reaction was just about the best present I could have received. Mike was able to catch it on video. So of course I had to share it. Enjoy.

11 comments:

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

That's great! Makes me laugh watching her laugh. I think your description of Mike's present wrapping abilities is a bit understated!! :)

Kerrie said...

What a GREAT birthday present!! She is so beautiful and her giggle is so contageous!!

lonestar said...

What a beautiful laugh, that made me smile :). Happy birthday!

Melanie said...

That is so cool. Its those little things that get me....I love the little giggle! What a gift for you!

Kristina said...

I love the video! What a great laugh! The video made me smile.

Mindy said...

Miss Emily's laugh is so contagious -- what an awesome birthday present!! Love you all!

The Burts

family tree said...

so cute...Lily was laughing right along with sweet Em!

Anonymous said...

As usual, loved the video. Happy belated birthday. Hope you had an enjoyable day full of new memories.

Lynn

Holly said...

That video gave me the biggest smile. What a wonderful birthday present...

Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

What an adorable, contagious laugh! I love it!

Sounds like a fun birthday!!

Jenkins said...

I love, love, love that video!
There is something better than a good laugh.
I would order a lifetime supply of bubble wrap!