Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lots of hair, but just a few teeth

5 Minutes for Special Needs

Emily hanging out in her stander. She received that lamb from Mike's aunt recently. She has never really been interested in stuffed animals, but she seems to like the lamb. She smiles at it and tries to touch it and give it "kisses". It is very cute.

Emily getting a hair cut last week (I believe this is #4). We hadn't taken her in a while and the hairdresser was so surprised at how much her hair had grown. We had 1.5 inches cut off and you probably wouldn't know it. That actually makes her hair harder to manage right now, but she really needed a cut to even things out. (by the way, the picture of her in her stander is before her hair cut - I don't have any after pictures - bad mom, I know)

On a side note, Emily now has a bottom molar poking through the skin (that brings the count to 5 teeth). It seems like she is close to having another molar on the top, but we will believe that when we actually see white. Did I mention how much we enjoy the teething process that seems to last forever?

10 comments:

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Poor Emily. She doesn't look very happy about the haircut. I trimmed Ellie's bangs today. She wants to go to a salon and get it all cut. I'm holding off for colder weather. Once it's cut it won't pull up in pony/pig tails.

Teething molars DOES take forever!! And they are so much worse because they are bigger with more sharp points!!

Sam is now up to 8 teeth (four top/bottom front). I can see the gums forming around some of the others, he's drooling constantly, and he is gnawing on anything he can get in his mouth.

My two least favorite stages: teething molars and potty training (for boys)!!

Kristin said...

We went through haircuts too for back to school. The hair cutting time has really gotten better since I made a trip to the ice cream parlor as part of the deal. Lol!

Jenkins said...

Lots of hair!
And even at birth from the looks of her photo on the side.
Beautiful!

Territory Mom said...

Emily is so beautiful. I love her baby photo. My kids' hair looked like that when they were born. Love your blog.

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Emilys hair is just beautiful and I love how the haircut was done, so secure and safe for her :) hope the teething process hurries up a bit! Pep has 6 teeth and with many sleepless nights I am expecting more soon too :)

Shawnda said...

Oh my, when my son was little he hated those dreaded hair cuts. Your little girl is absolutely beautiful. Blessings.

Kristina said...

Oh, boy, do I agree with the teething process lasting forever! Emma has been getting 4 teeth for about 4 months now and they are just starting to poke through. Sleep at night time is not great with a teething toddler. I think it takes so much longer since Emma can't get toys or anything else to put in her mouth and help the teeth break through and she isn't about to let me do it, either! Good luck.

It's so nice she likes the lamb! Emma is now interested in stuffed animals, too, especially dogs.

MaggieMae said...

What beautiful hair she has. As for the teething. 5 are better than none. The boys took forever to get their teeth now. I've lost count but we're still missing a couple on the bottom front.

I remember the ache of my molars growing in... so I have sympathy for them. But, we're completely out of sippy cup straws because Michael chews the daylights out of them with the teething. Oh well. Good luck!

Katy said...

The teething process takes forever at our house too. I've been told that it could be the seizure meds. Right now I know Charlie must be teething because he keeps sticking stuff all the way in the back of his mouth.

AshleyS said...

She is so beautiful. :)