Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring has sprung

Today was a beautiful day in Kentucky! The sky is blue and the temperature is about 75 degrees. The best part about this time of year is there are no bugs...yet. We are starting to see some. Dawn, Emily and I went for a walk during Dawn's lunch break today and I snapped some photos of spring.



I am not a plant guy, so I have no idea what this is, but it is yellow. Yellow is good when all you have seen is brown for months.

Yeah, I walked into some strangers yard and took a picture of their tree; so what, we're all friends here in KY.

So pretty (my softer side).


That's right, I'm 40 now. But I got to celebrate with Ty, so I am alright with it for now. PS don't look at the mess on the counter, our maid was on vacation.
Emily got some new equipment yesterday and we are really excited about it. I am showing this picture again so you can see the difference in size between her old chair and the new one below.

This new chair even has a tray table which is very handy. We can put her new keyboard on it and she can play for hours; or until we get sick of hearing it. She also received her new hand splints which we have yet to put on her and she was fitted for new orthopedic footwear. We also ordered many new adaptable toys for her, but none of them have come in yet. She is just getting all the gifts these days. You would think it was her birthday!

3 comments:

Aidan's mommy said...

So glad to hear you got to spend some time outdoors today - it was beautiful!! Aidan got to try out his new swing in the backyard today. Since it's actually light after 4pm now, maybe we can take the kids outside and try it this weekend :) Miss you guys!!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

She is growing way too fast!! Haven't you learned that the kids get everything now? Money, clothes, food, toys? It's all theirs. :)

Sarah Benn said...

Yellow flower is a Daffodil. My Mike did not know this at one point either...weird to me as a Daffodil was one of the first flowers I knew growing up. Are there not as many in New England or something? Where I grew up, everyone had Daffodils, it was one of the first signs of spring, along with the robins coming back.