Friday, February 06, 2009

Today is the day!

Lord willing, today is the day that Mike will return from Thailand! Woo hoo!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am to see him. Emily and I have had a great time. I have really enjoyed staying home with her all day, but I will tell you the truth - I am TIRED! I have always known that Stay-at-home moms had the toughest job in the world, but now I have had a taste of that first-hand. And single parents are my heroes! I cannot imagine doing this on my own all the time. Whew!

Emily and I will be picking up Mike at the airport tonight. I just checked on their last flight (the longest leg of the journey) and they have arrived in their last connection city. I have been telling Emily all day that Daddy is coming home today. Whenever I say Daddy she perks up. I am sure she has been wondering where he is & why she has been hanging out with me all day instead of him. It will be fun to see her response when he comes home.

Here are the last of the pics that I sent with Mike. I wish I could take credit for the creativity that you have seen in some of these pictures, but I cannot. I might have created 2 of them on my own and the rest were someone else's design that I just put my pictures in. Either way, I have no doubt that they made Mike smile as he opened them each day.

2 comments:

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

I'm catching up on my blog reading today. I didn't realize Mike was in Thailand. How fun! I completely agree with you on single moms! No way would I want to handle this gang for more than a few days without Joel!

Auntie Lisa said...

The Yankee one kills me!!!!