Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sorry Emily!!

The saga continues...

I know you all have been wondering what Ty has been up to and i tell you he is busy as a beaver. In just the last few minutes he has been all over the place...


He caught some of Deal or No Deal and was excited to see the person choose the case with one cent in it. You can't see the expression on his face, but believe me, he was excited!


He had some time to sit and watch the sun set. Sometimes you just have to relax because life can get pretty busy, especially for a stuffed animal.


I know many of you are wondering where Thailand is (those of you who didn't already check a map when you first met Ty); well, Ty wanted to show you. It is below China, not too far from the equator.


Now Ty wanted to let you know where He is now. He is just a world traveler!


It had been a long time since Ty rode an elephant, so he couldn't resist when I gave him the opportunity. He thought is was a rough ride, but he enjoyed it just the same.


On a different note, I have to mention a little about how Kentucky is represented in the media. If you are watching Survivor, you have seen the old lady from KY. I believe that she was type cast to fit the image that Hollywood wants people to think all Kentuckians are like. Now granted, I know a few people who are like this women and we have our share of small town hicks; but she does NOT represent the majority of KY residents! I have to stick up for the many people that I know and love who are smart and have all their teeth. There are dentists here in KY and although our school system is certainly not the greatest, there are many smart people also.


I know that by reading this blog you probably think I have been in KY too long. I don't disagree with you, but I am here because this is where God wants me to be...for now. There are just as many idiosyncrasies here as there were in Rhode Island. For example the fear of driving more than an hour to get anywhere without packing a lunch. I could go on, but I won't...


One last thing...I am on Facebook now. I really don't know why, but I am. So many people have invited me to join that I felt is was a necessity to be sociable. If you don't have a Facebook account, I don't recommend you get one. It can be very addictive. I have been going back and forth with people that I have not talked to in years...many, many years! Not that this is a bad thing, but every day I get a new "friend" added to my list of friends and I have to ask, "Am I supposed to keep up with ALL these people?" I have a hard enough time associating with the friends I have, now I have 100 more people to communicate with.


It's really not as bad as I make it sound, but it is addictive. It has also been good talking to people that I have lost touch with. The best part is seeing all the pictures of my college friends in the 40's. We ALL look old. Some have aged really well and still look the same as they did in college, just older...like me. I have a few more pounds and a few more wrinkles.


Well it is almost time for Survivor, so I have to get going. I pray that the old lady from KY does something good this week!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Benn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.