Wednesday, September 03, 2008

It finally rained...and other things.

So much has happened over the past few weeks I can't wait to tell you all about it. I first wanted to let you know that Dawn is enjoying Emily's new bathing unit. As you can see from the picture below, the chair fits right into the tub and allows proper head support and body support for Emily. It is easier for Dawn because she doesn't have to try to hold her still while pouring water over her head. She also doesn't have to worry about getting water all over the floor and counter. Due to the fact that Emily is in the tub, Dawn has been giving her the bath so I don't have to bend down and hurt myself. I have been struggling with some back issues for the past few months and although I am doing well, we don't want to chance anything.

We are back on schedule with the therapists and Emily is using all her toys to the best of her ability. She is really getting the hang of the Koosh Switch. It is hooked up to her firefly in the picture below and she can have it going off for hours or until I can take it no more; which ever comes first.


Yesterday, Emily went for an MRI of her head. We had to be at the hospital at 7:00 am, so we had to leave pretty early. She wasn't able to eat anything after midnight and I know she was hungry. Everything went well and they gave her the medication to put her to sleep. She fought it all the way. It was supposed to work in 15 minutes and twenty minutes later she was just beginning to fall asleep. The nurse came in to take her away from me and she woke up. The 25 minute test took 45 minutes because Emily kept waking up and moving so they had to redo some of the scans.

All in all, it didn't take too long and when we got home we both took a nap. She was a little cranky in the afternoon, but this may have been because she is still teething. When the neurologist gets the results he is supposed to give me a call and set up an appointment. I will keep you posted.

Now for some non-Emily related material...

Today we woke up to rain! This may not seem like a big deal, but it hasn't rained in three weeks and we have been in need of rain for quite some time. It was good to breathe some fresh air and see the grass come to life again. It was an isolated storm that lasted about an hour or so.

Last night I had a phone interview with a church for an Administrative position. We didn't say anything on the blog because we had given them the site so they could get to know us personally. In late July I received an envelope in the mail with some information about a church and a request to see if I would be interested in pursuing a position as Church Administrator. This came as a shock because the church was from Georgia and I have not sent my resume there is almost a year and a half. I got excited about the job and thought this was a blessing from God (and it was). The church has a special needs ministry, which was perfect and there were many other signs that God had His hand upon this opportunity. We didn't want to get too excited about it, but in the back of our minds we were convinced this was the one.

As I mentioned, I had the interview last night. The interview went well, although I don't know exactly what they thought of me. I had been praying for the last month that God would let me know if this was the job for me after the first interview and I got my answer. Although the interview went well, there were things about the church that I did not feel comfortable about. Even if they call me back, I will not take the position.

One of the questions I was asked during the interview was, "What are you passionate about?" I gave what I thought was a great answer, but it got me thinking about the job and what I REALLY want to do. My hearts desire has been to run a camp and this is where my focus is going to be. So I am going to spend some time updating my resume and start finding camps that are in need of a Director. I have no doubt that God will provide me with something in the not too distant future. He is faithful!

We are still busting at the seams here is this apartment and who knows what the future will bring, but we are learning to be content where we are and trust in the God who provides!

2 comments:

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

How about that well placed washcloth? = ) I've seen a shower sprayer that you can attach to you faucet to use for a baby in a bathtub. I wonder if that might help you as well?

She looks like such a big girl sitting at her desk! Very cute!

Grandma said...

Good luck with camp director. That sounds like an amazing job, and one you'd be great at.