Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 2 after "Windstorm 2008"

First, I must tell you that if you didn't read yesterday's blog post, scroll down to read that one first.

We are still enjoying our power here while approximately 200,000 homes are still without power. Most of our town is back on line and things have been back to normal for most of us.

Dawn and I are celebrating our 13th anniversary today! Well, the truth is that we went out for dinner and entertainment last night. A few ladies from our church came over last night and Dawn and I went to Red Robin. We originally wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory, but they are still without power. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and we both ate too much. After dinner we went downtown to a bar called Howl at the Moon. Now, before we ruin your image of us, we only had soda (pop or Coke for those who don't know what "soda" is). There were a total of 12 people in the bar and they have two piano players playing tunes we all know and love. We had some laughs and just a good time away from home. With Dawn working from home and me being a stay-at-home dad, it is always good when we can get out of the house; even if it is only for a short time.

I know that you are all wondering what is going on with Emily (at least you are if you read the last post). I called the neurologist about 11:00 and he called me back about 11:30 am. He went over the results of the MRI with me and I must say that it is hard to talk to a brain surgeon to start with, but when you add an Indian accent, it is more difficult. The basic gist I got was that things are the same. He mentioned that there is a cyst on her brain, but this is normal for her condition and is not something that he is concerned about. If he is not concerned about it, I guess I shouldn't be either?!

After he informed me of the results of the test, I informed him of what was going on with Emily and her seizures. He didn't seem too alarmed and did pretty much what I expected him to do...he increased her medication. We went back and forth a few times to make sure we were both on the same page, but the end result was that we are doubling her seizure medication and also her Baclofen (which is to relax her muscles). She has been fine since we did this. She even slept through the night last night. That was a blessing for us all!

My dad turns 70 tomorrow! It is hard for me to grasp that, but it is the truth. He was born 4 days (I believe) before the 1938 hurricane. It was one of the worst hurricanes to hit RI ever! He can say he was there, but he doesn't remember too much about it. I just wanted to let him know that I love him, I miss him and I'm glad we got to spend some time together a few months ago when they came for a visit. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Now I would just like to add some photos of Emily. I know that you can never get enough of those...
I just kept firing away trying to get some shots with her eyes opened. Some came out pretty good...Enjoy!
A little blurry beautiful face!
Isn't she the cutest!
She loves her little firefly. He sings and vibrates and likes to be chewed on.

Enough with the camera, dad!
What you looking at?
To sleep or to eat? That is the question.
It is always good to smile. She lights up a room.
Pears, apples and bananas are a good combination and she likes them, although you can't tell by this picture.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hellooooo...I so love to read your all's blog. I never hear enough/or see enough where little EM is concerned. She is the most precious sight, even with the occasional food-wearing pictures and big-hair days! What a joy she adds to my day to see her on your blog. Thanks for sharing her with others. So glad to hear little EM is adjusting to her medication. Also so glad to hear you all had a nice, well-deserved, night out.

Keeping you in prayer,

Lynn

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you got to go out...

We'll keep praying about the meds and praying for you guys, too!

CUTE pictures. She is beautiful!!!!