Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sometimes someone else can say it so much better

I know that you come to our blog to find out how Emily is doing & maybe even to hear about us, but for just one post, I am going to re-direct you to another blog.

The blog belongs to a couple that I have never met, but their story has blessed me beyond words. Their story is very different from ours. They have been faced with a [usually] fatal disease, organ transplant, a baby that was born very premature and now cancer. It is refreshing to read about how they are clinging to their faith in uncertain times.

The links below are a part of their story that Mike and I can relate to. They talk about their experience with a premature baby. Emily was not premature, but we can understand the NICU experience. Mike and I didn't even feel like real parents until we were able to bring Emily home. While she was in the NICU, we kind of felt like part-time parents because someone else was her primary caregiver. Having a baby in the NICU is not your typical start to parenthood and the links below explain it better than I ever could.

Confessions of a Preemie Parent Part 1

Confessions of a Preemie Parent Part 2

I hope that you will take the time to check out the links. If you have some extra time please read about of their story - trust me you will be blessed!

No comments: